(Review) COSRX: Natural BHA Skin Returning A-Sol

I have finally made a Korea order!! I still have some products to review from my previous order but plenty more new exciting products are on their way so stay tuned for them! 

I have been quite apprehensive about using COSRX myself since the Propolis Ampoule was a complete disaster for me. This is a product that I have not been using myself but instead I brought it for my boyfriend who has an acne prone skin. He used to get really bad acne around his mouth and chin. He used Etude House's AC Clinic Lotion which was helping quite well but didn't clear out the acne completely and wasn't that strong during his worst breakouts. I read many good reviews on this product and he decided to give it ago. I have here to report his experiences using this product. 




Description & Ingredients:
"The Natural BHA Skin Returning A-Sol is a toner that works hard to hydrate and prep your skin for the next steps in your skin care routine and maintains your pores as a gentle chemical exfoliator.

This formula contains 60% Black Bee Propolis to soothe, repair and hydrate skin while inhibiting bacterial growth—perfect for breakouts and acne-prone skin. Natural AHAs and BHAs also aid in controlling excess sebum, clearing impurities and dead skin cells, and helping your skin cells renew so your skin becomes clearer and brighter while maintaining natural moisture-retention. This is a great toner for sensitive, combination, or oily skin, and especially those dealing with breakouts and acne. "

I was quite surprised by the statement that this product would be good for sensitive skin when it contains alcohol, Lactic Acid and Glycolic Acid that are definitely not suitable for sensitive skin!  However, it does not contain any harmful chemicals and contains acne fighting ingredients such as tea tree oil and salicylic acid.
(I used a new cosmetic analysis tool skincarisma.com to analyse the ingredients on this product)



Packaging & Consistency:
It comes in a 100ml plastic pump bottle which isn't your typical packaging for a toner. The consistency is the same as any toner so it is very watery and the colour is clear. You're supposed to use it after cleansing and by applying it on your problem areas with your fingers. It can be used day and night but you have to make sure that you use SPF during the day since the product can make your skin more sensitive to UV light. 


Effectiveness & Results:
This product was pretty effective for my boyfriend's skin. He used to have pretty big painful spots as well as smaller white heads but they have completely cleared out as you can see. The best thing about the product is that it has also kept the spots at bay! Ever since he started using it he hasn't had a bad breakout. 


Pros:
  • Effective at clearing acne
  • Lasting effects
  • Oil control
  • Easy to apply

Cons:
  • Drying
  • Makes skin more sensitive to UV rays


Conclusions:
My boyfriend really recommends this to anyone with acne prone skin.It has made him feel more confident about his skin and he's not stressing over breakouts anymore. The downsides on this product is that it is very drying so if you tend to get acne all over your face the skin might end up looking quite dry and flaky so it is important to use a good moisturizer with this product. 
I recommend to use it as a spot treatment but I can't use it on my combination skin for other purposes since it dries up my skin really bad. 
This product is definitely not suitable for sensitive or dry skin types! Highly recommend it for oily and acne prone skin.

You can get it from RoseRoseshop for 11,840KRW (approx. 10.80USD, 9,90EUR or 8.40GBP)


Anonymous

1 comment:

  1. I wish my boyfriend lets me put skincare products on his face like yours!

    Love,
    trnmango.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.