(Review) BEYOND: Lotus Aqua Bloom Essence

If you have read my previous reviews about BEYOND's skincare products, you will know that so far I have been really impressed. I find that BEYOND skincare products are really good for my skin that sometimes can be quite sensitive, especially to parabens and fragrances. All BEYOND products are free from harsh chemicals and suitable for sensitive skin. I was looking for a light weight serum or essence for summer and this one caught my eye! They have a whole line of Lotus Aqua products but I decided to give this a go first.


Description:
"Lotus flower from Haenam delivers intense hydration and provides moisture to your skin. This aqua essence contains lotus extract and Micro Hyaluronic Acid, which enhance the moisture containing ability of your skin and increases skin elasticity." 
This product is free from fragrance, parabens and has minimum of chemical colourants. 

I was curious about the effects of lotus extracts to your skin so I did a bit of research. Lotus extracts helps to purify, soothe and calm the skin. It also helps to restore the skin elasticity and has anti-inflammatory properties. It contains antioxidants, vitamins and and minerals that are beneficial for the skin.


Packaging: 
It comes in a 55ml pump bottle which is plastic so it doesn't weigh that much. I really love the pale pink cololour of the bottle and it does look expensive and is very high quality. The product comes out easy and you don't get too much product on one go.




Texture & Effectiveness:
The texture is very lightweight watery essence. It's not too watery so that it would end up dripping everywhere. There's no distinctive scent to this product but personally it smells a bit flowery to me.
I apply it straight after cleansing my face. It absorbs into my skin super fast! It doesn't leave a sticky or heavy feeling to my skin at all. My skin feels very fresh after applying this but not super moisturised. I have noticed that my skin is slightly less oily on my t-zone after I started using this due to the purifying properties of lotus extract. I haven't noticed any major anti-ageing effects but my skin looks very supple. 


Pros:


  • Packaging
  • Lightweight
  • Good for most skin types
  • Skin feels fresh
  • Anti-ageing properties
  • Purifying & soothing properties
Cons:
  • None


Conclusions:

I have to say that I didn't have high expectations for this product. I wasn't aware of the effects of lotus extract for the skin before I started using this product and I was pleasantly surprised to find out so many good benefits. During summer you want a good essence that purifies your skin from the excess sweat and soothes it from the sun light. This one is perfect for both and it also provides a bit of moisture to your skin. I highly recommend it and I do think it would be suitable for most skin types. It is also very affordable but perhaps not as readily available online.

Get it from Cosmetic-Love for 11.40GBP (approx. 19,200KRW or 16.5USD). 


Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.