Korean cosmetics that I regret buying....

Hi!

We all make the mistake of buying things that just don't work for us or we just grow to dislike...This is no exception for me when it comes buying cosmetics. I have tried out things that I absolutely hated or just did not work for me. I am here to share my personal opinion on these product and the reason why these did not work for me. This is not a review about all of the product but rather just a share...This does not mean that these products won't work for you. I am sure there are plenty of people who swear by some of these but unfortunately I did not get to be one of them :( 


1. Etude House Precious Mineral Bright Fit BB cream



I tried this BB cream about a year ago and I ordered the lightest colour they had because it seemed like it could have been a fit to my skin tone. To my horror, when I saw the colour it was a lot darker and yellower than I thought! It did not match my skin tone at all and you could see a clear difference in colour with my neck and face. I was not a fan of the consistency either as it was a bit too watery and if I didn't use it for a week, brown liquid came out of the tube instead of cream O_o
I do think they have updated the colours and probably the consistency but at the time when I bought it, it was a disaster!

2. Innisfree No-Sebum Mineral Primer



Again a product I bought a year ago...I went through half a tube of this. I really think it's one of the worst primers I have ever used. It does not even out your skin tone or your pores. Worst of all it promises to control oil on your face but it didn't do that either....My t-zone was shining after a couple of hours. I really dislike the consistency as well...It's clear and goes on like oil on your face though it does not feel heavy at all...It was just not my cup of tea unfortunately :(

3. The Face Shop Herb Day 365 Cleansing Foam: Mung Bean


I know a lot of people who like these cleansers and I am sure they work for many people. I don't particularly dislike it but it just did not do anything for me. I am not sure whether it made my skin dryer but around the time when I was using it my skin was very dry. Personally I don't like the smell of this product either. It is a pretty average cleanser.

4. Nature Republic Super Aqua Max Combination Watery Cream
I was very excited to try out this product but unfortunately it let me down. The consistency was very odd to me and it felt like it didn't quite sink into my skin. Instead it just sort of flaked off from my skin sometimes O_o I am not sure whether it was just my skin that refused to like it or whether there is a problem with the consistency....

5. Skinfood Gold Kiwi Emulsion
This is one of those unfortunate cases where my skin got irritated by a product. I had received samples of this product and the toner before and they seemed fine so I bought the full sized one...Which was not very cheap if I may add. Within a week my skin got very irritated by this and I had to stop using it :( Sad case as I was really intrigued whether it would have brightened my skin tone.

6. Mizon All In One Snail Repair Cream


You can read a full review on this product on my blog. Again a sad case of my skin being sensitive and this making it worse. It just completely dried up my already dry skin and made it look and feel like a sandpaper! I really don't recommend buying this product unless you are in a desperate need of skin tightening or wanting to get rid of fine lines as I really don't think it's suitable for younger skin!

7. Etude House Eye's Cream: Vanilla Moist


This didn't do anything it promised for my under eyes :( I used it religiously for two months hoping that it would do something but nothing....It did not make my fine lines or dark circles less noticeable, It did not even provide any moisture... I started to notice that during the time I had been using this, every time I applied my under eye concealer it did not go on smoothly because of the eye's cream...This was a complete miss for me... 

8. Innisfree: Air Skin Fit BB Cream:


You can read a whole review of this product on my blog...I really wanted to like this BB cream!!!I colour was a perfect match for me and I liked the consistency that was a bit runny but it just did not want to work with my skin...I think it would only look good on people with only minor imperfections and very hydrated skin. It looked horrific on mine because it accentuated the dry areas on my cheeks and sort of just sank into my pores instead of covering them....This was also the most expensive BB cream I have bought so thumbs down for that as well!

Here were the products that I regret buying the most. There are a couple more products that I'm debating whether I like them or not... Remember that even if these products did not work for me it does not mean that they won't work for you! I recommend reading reviews and getting the overall gist of the product's performance but sometimes things don't work out the way you want...I have found some truly amazing products among all the stuff that I have tried. It's all about trial and error really...

Do you swear by any of these products? Or do you have some cosmetics that you regret buying? 

Have a fab day :) 

Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.