(Review) HolikaHolika: Aqua Petit Jelly BB cream SPF20 PA ++ (01 Aqua Beige)



Happy Monday to all!

This post is about a very popular BB cream that I've had and used for a long time. I first heard about it from Michelle Phan on Youtube who recommended it a long time ago in one of her videos. I decided to do some research and found amazing reviews! I had to try it out myself and now I am here to share that experience.

This product has been updated since I bought it and the packaging is slightly different but the colours are still the same. I used this BB cream for 4-5 months almost everyday and the reason why I stopped using it was because I wanted to try something new but I have gone back to using it recently. I have to say it's probably my favourite BB cream that I have used so far.

Aqua Petit Jelly BB cream contains 80% Aqua Mint Water and is made of various fruit extracts and Alaskan glacial water. It is a water based BB cream that has a light finish with a refreshing feeling. The jelly texture makes skin look moist and hydrated while covering imperfections. I checked the ingredient list and did indeed find plenty of fruit extracts but it also contains parabens. It does not contain any other harsh chemicals. 

It comes in a jelly like shaped glass jar (40ml) and comes with a spatula and a sponge. (Unfortunately I don't have the sponge anymore). It is easy to control how much product comes out with the spatula and it is very hygienic. It has a soapy smell to it that could be a bit overpowering to people who are sensitive to smells. 
I have to say that the consistency does not look appealing since it is jelly like and the texture is quite transparent (looks like brown jelly...) but it doesn't bother me that much.  


The colour matches my skin tone very well (01 Aqua Beige) it looks slightly pale when I apply it to my face but it oxidizes to match my skin tone better after awhile (Note: most BB creams oxidize!). I would say that even though the colour looks slightly yellowish it does suit people with cooler undertones.

It does not accentuate the dry areas on my face and makes my skin tone look brighter. It does feel refreshing and not heavy, as it promises. It has a light to medium coverage and it makes red areas on my face less visible but it does not cover all the imperfections. If you're looking for something with a full coverage then this is not for you.
It is a very hydrating BB cream so it could be too much for people with oily skin and for some people during summer. I occasionally notice that my t-zone gets a bit shiny after a couple hours of use but having a combination skin it happens with most BB creams and foundations anyway (I have a combination skin that is on the dryer side). During summer this is too hydrating for my skin and melts off quickly when it is hot outside. Otherwise it does last quite well throughout the day!

Overall, it is an excellent BB cream and have been a staple of mine for two years! I would recommend it to those with normal to dry skin as it makes your skin look hydrated and moist but for those with oily skin, it could be too moisturizing. If you have a lot of imperfections or spots that you want to cover, then this is not the product for you as it has light to medium coverage. 
The lasting power depends on your skin type as with oily skin it probably would not last too long but with other skin types I would say it does last anywhere between 5-8h. Based on this I would give it 4½ hearts as it is still one of my favourites even if it is a bit too hydrating at times.




You can get it from Testerkorea for 10,800KRW ( approx. 6.60GBP or 10USD).

Hope you have a great start for the week!

Anonymous

2 comments:

  1. how did you apply it so it doesnt stick to dry patches?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi fefe marie!
      I have been using a beauty blender or a one of those puffs that you can get with cushion type BB creams. It goes on really smooth with those

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.